We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in the future of finance, data & data pipelines and architecture. You‘ll be one of the technical leaders in the Revenue Engineering Area, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We believe that you can drive development and delivery, mentor other engineers to grow, build sound architecture and foster best practices when it comes to designing, coding and testing software.
Interested to join the band?
What You’ll Do
- Be a technical leader across the product area
- Support members of a squad in delivering scalable, auditable, secure and reliable data/backend – services
- Collaborate with business and technical subject matter experts to identify alternative solutions and advise them both on options, risks, cost/benefit, impact on other business processes, and fit with business and IT priorities
- Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple squad
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers and product managers
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services that are responsible for processing Spotify’s revenue before sending it to the ERP-system
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide data engineering community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Mentor other engineers
- Drive good engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these practices within our developer community
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc)
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
- Provide leadership in staying up to date with the developments in relevant technologies and market trends to identify enhancements
- Evaluate external vendors and partners as needed from time to time
- Participate in the recruitment & interviewing process of engineers
Who are you?
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, proficiency in business process modeling and redesign, requirements management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work effectively with business units and communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and management
- You are an experienced technical leader
- You have extensive experience in designing and building both highly reliable traditional back-end services & distributed data processing services
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services in the cloud
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures and architecture
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Experience of working in a SOX-compliant environment before is a plus but not required
Welcome with your application!
In this recruitment Spotify are cooperating with Dev Search. If you want to know more about the role, please contact responsible recruitment consultant, Harerta Zehaya, +46 76 620 29 09. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications via email as we protect your personal privacy. You can read more about how we process personal data according to GDPR in Wise Group’s policy for processing personal data.
Who are we?
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, Spotify Connect and ad-free listening.
Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming subscription service with 217m users, including 100m subscribers, across 79 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.