Luminator is a leading innovator in the design and manufacturing of communications and lighting products for more than 90 years in public transport transit industry. We are continuing to build our team by adding two Embedded developers to our Software Technology Development Center in Herrljunga or in southern parts of Sweden. You will join a team that is developing new modules and services to global software suits for administration, diagnostic, remote and content management of passenger information units and systems for buses, trains, trams, or platform displays.
About the role:
We are in an exciting phase of developing global software suits and we look forward having you with us on this journey. The work you do will be visible in daily life and important to millions of people around the globe traveling public transport. Together we aim to make people well informed by providing right information at right point in time with common goal to make public transport first choice of traveling.
Your primary focus in this role will be development of standard, modular embedded applications running on passanger information units.
For example you will:
- Develop and improve standard software embedded application modules such as communication, graphic rendering, diagnostic, remote update etc
- Work on both application, service and OS and Hardware abstraction layer for different targets like i.mx8, Raspberry PI or x86
- Do software integration of new application modules, interfaces, and configurations
- Internal consultancy for about potential new software modules
- Write your own automatic unit and integration test which high code coverage
- Identify areas of improvement in both new designs and bug fixes/refactoring opportunities
We expect you to have a few years of professional experience as an Embedded developer with proven skills in:
- Development in embedded Linux environment
- Development of automated unit tests
It is an advantage if you also have previous experience working with:
- .Net Core 6, C#,C or Python
- Test Driven Development (TDD) with unit and integration testing
- Device tree adaptation
As a person we believe you are willing and eager to learn new things to improve yourself and the team. Have a proactive mindset with “Can do” attitude who identifies, plans, and executes what needs to be improved.
The location of this position will initially be at the Technology Development Center in Herrljunga, right by the train station or in southern parts of Sweden.
You also have the opportunity to work from your home office. We believe both in meeting in person and having the freedom of working remotely.
In this recruitment process we collaborate with Wise IT. For more information kindly contact our Recruitment consultant Jacob Elmeljung at email@example.com or +46 76-000 1840.
LTG Sweden AB is a part of Luminator Technology Group with its head office in Dallas. Luminator started over 90 years ago and have net sales amounts to around MSEK 350 with a good profit margin. Luminator develops and sells advanced passenger information systems to public transport and our products can be found on buses, trams and trains all over the world. What is not visible to the passengers are our back-office tools which are advanced software for programming and distribution of contents to our destination signs and information screens.